As I began considering choices for acts of kindness and making a positive difference, I discovered that the list just kept growing and growing. Now it is so long that it won't fit all in one post! So I'm not quite sure how to deal with that.
Should I post a list every day? Would readers then get bored with that and stop reading my blog? Or should I put a few at the bottom of the page of each post, whether or not it fits the content of the post? Would that confuse readers? What else might I do?
And I hope people will add their ideas of things to do in their comments. Should I add these to my list or just hope folks will read comments themselves? Not everyone will read every post, so they could miss some ideas. But if they show up again in the big lists would folks get bored with the repetition?
You see, I'm kind of new at blogging and I don't really know what works. I don't even know what works to get more people to read my blog in the first place. If no one really reads the blog and the lists will anything change?
I mean, the idea is to encourage more people to make changes, to do things, that will positively impact the world in small or big ways. So for me to achieve that, more people need to see and consider what I have to say. Right?
Well, since I believe that every act creates reaction I will keep on blogging and making suggestions of ways others can make a positive difference. I hope you will help by giving me feedback, by sharing my blog posts, by sending people to my blog, by giving me advice if you have done anything like this, by encourage me to keep on keeping on.
Thanks. So put your thoughts in the comments. Here are today's suggestions:
- Clean up trash and refrain from littering.
- Hold a fundraiser and donate the proceeds to an animal shelter or wildlife fund.
- Make meals to reheat for a recovering surgery patient.
- With some friends, organize a sing-along at a senior center or retirement home.
- Invite your family or friends to bake cookies together and take them to a neighbor who need a lift.
- Invite people of different cultures and/or backgrounds to your community events/worship services/family events/schools/neighborhood gatherings.
- Write a kind note to relatives and friends, letting the know why they are special.
- Help a neighbor weed or plant a garden.
- Stop your car for someone waiting to cross the street.
- Leave enough money in the vending machine for the next person to get a free treat.
- Rake leaves or shovel snow for a neighbor or a shut-in .
- Roll an elderly neighbor's garbage cans back up the driveway at the end of trash pick-up day.[We have a neighbor who takes our trash and recycle cans to and from the curb on appropriate days. This is SO appreciated.]