Sunday, November 17, 2019

Where Would You Go?



Image by Ylanite Koppens from Pixabay 

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? If there were no limits - not money or time or physical ability - where would you go?

Do you have any travel dreams? Have you thought of places you'd like to see but don't think you could ever go there?

I love to travel, but I have lots of limitations. I don't have the financial means for many trips in the world. I don't have the physical stamina or ability for some places. I'm getting too old for some. I don't know how to do a lot of things I'd need to know for some travels.But the reality is, if I wanted to go someplace badly enough, I'd find a way.

So dreams aren't enough on their own. You have to have passion. Your desire must be strong enough to propel you through all your "limits."

This is true of any passionate desire, dream, goal. You have to want it badly enough to do whatever it takes to reach that goal. So, you'd better have a good goal.

What makes a goal achievable? There are several criteria that help you succeed.

  • It must be something you really want badly enough to risk getting outside your comfort zone.
  • It must be possible for someone to reach. It has to be within the the laws of nature. You can't change some things, like gravity and your date of birth.
  • It must be compatible with your value system. If it isn't, you would eventually  regret it.
  • It needs to be time-ended so you can track your progress.
Of course, there is no guarantee you will achieve it, however. So, it might  be a good idea to have  plan B.

But I encourage you to go for it. Don't end up regretting not even trying to do what you dream of.


                                           Image by Julius Silver from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment