Sunday, March 19, 2017

I Can't Sleep!


Having a sleepless night is unusual for me, at least these days. I've had plenty of times when I couldn't sleep, but that hasn't been a problem recently. So what's the deal?

I couldn't seem to discipline my mind to stop worrying about this and that. Worry isn't my natural state. But this night I'm worried about our country and the direction it is taking, or at least the direction our new administration is taking.

I've other worries, too. But that's the biggie, the one I don't sense I can do anything about. And usually if I can't do anything to fix a problem I let it go and focus on other things. That's just not happening this night.

I feel like I'm caught up in the middle of a storm, a destructive storm. What can I do? What would I do in a weather storm. Hunker down and wait for it to pass. But this seems like a really BIG storm that will last a long time and wreak havoc around us all. I don't think stocking up on canned food and bottled water is going to work.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I know that my fears are probably unrealistic in the short term, at least. But our Ship of State is changing direction. Big ships turn slowly, so we have some time to correct course. But once committed to a turn it isn't easy to turn back. So we need to do what we can to get back on course, the sooner the better.

If you are concerned about how things are going, make your concerns known. Make Noise! Call your legislators, write letters, participate in protests, start/sign petitions. Run for office. Get involved. Together we could turn this ship around.

Let's take a course of compassion for those in need and investment in truth tellers. Support the mainstream media. We are doomed without a free press. Demand accountability.

O.K., I'm stepping off my soap box and going to bed, hopefully to sleep!

Let me know how you plan to help us get on course.

No comments:

Post a Comment