Sunday, February 24, 2019

Happy Birthday?

There is just something about birthdays that can trigger good or bad feelings, memories.

I'll be 77 years old tomorrow, Monday the 25th. And this year it doesn't feel good. Usually I celebrate the years as they pass and find good things cropping up all around me. This year I'm struggling to do that.

I've had some physical setbacks that leave me feeling discouraged about my future. While I know that there is a whole lot of goodness in my life, I'm depressed and struggling to connect with the good.

How do you approach your birthday? Since I've been having medical issues and, more recently, I've fallen, it is painful and a struggle just to move around. While I know the pain will lessen in time, I have concerns of being an old lady who falls a lot.

I've got to adjust my attitude! This young woman in this TedX talk tells how it matters.


And I know that is true. I just need to want to do something badly enough to do it!

Don't worry. Be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment