Sunday, January 19, 2020

I Don't Know


                                                              Image by Robin Higgins

My creativity is lacking this week. I don't know what to write about.

And that got me to thinking about how much I don't know. Have you ever thought about that? While my seventy-seven years of life has taught me many things, there are far more things that I DON'T know!

Usually when I'm thinking of a blog post I search a subject on line or in a book (the kind with paper pages :-) ). But I'm so dull this week that I couldn't even decide on a subject to research. So this is what you get: consider what you don't know as a fact.

Discount the multitude of things you believe but have no facts to back it up. That is still a big number.

I know that gravity exists, but I don't know what it actually is. I know there are sciences that explain it, but I don't know what they have to say. And, frankly, I don't really care. I'm o.k. not knowing.

And I guess that is true of many things that I don't know. Because if I cared to know I could be seeking the answers, and I'm not. At least this week I'm not.

What about you? What do you know that you know because you have facts to back it up? And what do you not care enough about to learn?

Some blog post, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment