Sunday, April 28, 2019

I Used To Be A Writer



I've published poetry, short stories, even co-authored an article for a professional journal.

I thought a blog would help me get back to writing, since I'd have deadlines and I could chose subjects that interested me.

But I'm now failing to meet the deadlines, missed last Wednesday' all together. I've been over dependent on YouTube to "speak" for me.

It is probably related to this medical issue of pain after my fall in March. There has been a lot of severe pain and multible medical appointments, physical therapy, and trips to the drug store.

So that might be a reason, but not really an excuse. I've had time to play games on FaceBook that I could have used writing.

I need to re-evaluate my desire to write and make some decisions. For now, I'm going to give up the Wednesday post and, hopefully, focus on one post a week.

What do you think? Got any ideas for post topics? Would appreciate your feedback. What would you like to know more about?


1 comment:

  1. My best advice (after all those who can't, teach!) is to get organized on paper. Choose which day of the week is writing day, leaving at least one day for edits if needed. As you come up with ideas, just add them to the list then once a week you sit down and write on that assigned topic.

    OR, write a whole lot when you are feeling inspired, and set them to be released on particular dates. Especially if you know in advance what "deadline" you won't meet.

    I swear by pen to paper. I can't be as creative on a keyboard. Just don't completely stop. The world needs this blog!

    ReplyDelete