Sunday, April 7, 2019

In Just An Instant Life Can Change


There are so many things that can bring your life to a road block or a detour or even to a complete stop! We tend to go along on our life's path with goals or mile markers. We expect achievements, large or small, and celebrate them. 

And then something happens. It could be anything from a flat tire to major surgery. Some instants are bigger, more powerful than others. A flat tire will delay you an hour, perhaps. While major surgery could end up turning your life around in another direction due to physical outcomes.

What does this teach us? How can we be prepared for something we don't even know about, something totally unexpected? 

I think the best we can do is develop a "go with the flow" additude in life. Yes, have and work toward goals, knowing that there may be bumps in the road to attaining that goal. When something comes along to change your plans, accept that which you can't change. And be willing to change the things you can. 

My fall last month happened in a split second. I stepped on black ice and was on the ground before I knew it. The weeks since then have been challenging and really interruped my movement, litterally, toward my goals. Thankfully, my hip was not broken, so the detour will not take as long. But the other injuries have brought me to a screeching stop toward some things. 

There many ways your life can be interrupted. Try letting go of so much tight control and go with the flow. You'll get through life's speed bumps more easily.



No comments:

Post a Comment