Sunday, February 11, 2018

Glad Day

I was having a real struggle with depression. So I declared a "Glad Day."


When I'm depressed I find myself with lots of negative self-talk. My mind is complaining of just about everything. So I decided I needed to at least turn off the negativity from my own mind.

That Glad Day I would catch each negative I was aware of and find something related to be glad about. For instance, I had to go out in the snow and ice and was grumbling about that. So I said to myself, "I can be glad that people clear their sidewalks and the city clears the main streets."

And I grumbled about my body aches and pains and reminded myself, "I can be glad that I can get out of bed and walk even when it hurts."

And I kept finding things I could be glad about. I even thought of them before I grumbled about it. I was glad I had enough gas to get to the place I had to go. I was glad that we had enough food without having to go to the grocery store, even if it wasn't just what I wanted.

I can be glad for so many things that when I enumerate them there isn't room to note all the negatives!

So, if you struggle with depression or hear yourself grumbling, declare a "Glad Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment