Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Got the Winter Blues?

As I mentioned last blog, I struggle with depression. And it is much worse in the winter for me. This video might help explain why this happens.

And there are ways to help, so take a look.


Here are some of the things that help me: turn the lights on all over the house all day; use light box every evening to lengthen the daylight; have social interaction, face to face, at least twice a week (if you live alone, talk with someone on the phone every day); walk or swim for exercise daily; avoid any mood altering chemicals that are not prescribed; listen to upbeat music; write down three manageable goals/tasks for the next day; spend time doing gratitude list; have a project to work on to give some focus to you activities; do something for someone else-get the focus off of yourself.

Those are some things that help me. I also take a anti-depressant during the winter months. When I follow my list of things that help, I manage on a low dose.

Here's hoping your winter is sunny from the inside out!


No comments:

Post a Comment